Soups are one of my favorite things to cook. To me, there is nothing more comforting than a bowl of soup curled up with a blanket on the couch. The combination of beans with the tortellini makes this an excellent and balanced meatless meal. This pairs excellent with some crusty bread. Try out the recipe below!
White Bean Tortellini Soup
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 large celery stalk, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 c low sodium chicken broth
- 1 9 oz package spinach and cheese tortellini
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot over medium heat, add oil and sauté the bell pepper, onion, and celery for ~4 minutes.
- Add minced garlic to the pot. Sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Add broth and seasonings and bring to a rolling boil.
- Add the tortellini and boil for recommended length of time per package.
- When pasta is finished cooking, add the beans and tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes. Serve warm,