Whenever someone tells me they do not like brussels sprouts, I immediately ask if they have ever had roasted brussels sprouts. Typically, the answer is no. When roasted, brussels are incredible. I especially like them extra crispy. No one likes a soggy, boiled brussels sprout! If you have never tried roasting them before or are just looking for a new recipe, look no further. This recipe is the perfect blend of sweet and spicy.
If you like extra spice, be sure to use a good amount of red pepper flakes. Enjoy!
Sweet & Spicy Roasted Brussels Sprouts
A roasted brussels sprout recipe that is guaranteed to be a crowd-pleaser! Serve as an appetizer at your next gathering or as a side dish to your favorite protein.
- 1 lb brussels sprouts stems removed and halved
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp Nature Nate's 100% Pure Honey
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- crushed red pepper flakes to taste
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss brussels sprouts with oil, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper. Pour brussels onto baking sheet.
- Roast in the oven for 18 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Once the brussels are done roasting, pull pan out of the oven and sprinkle parmesan cheese on top. Place the pan back in the oven and roast for 1 more minute.
- Top with desires amount of red pepper flakes and serve warm.
Calories: 119kcalCarbohydrates: 21.2gProtein: 6gFat: 2.7gSaturated Fat: 1.2gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 697mgPotassium: 489mgFiber: 4.7gSugar: 12.3gCalcium: 107mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!