You all know that I love my brussels sprouts! I typically enjoy my brussels sprouts roasted and crispy. However, I also love them shredded in salads. There is just something about shaved brussels that elevate a salad. The crunch and flavor are great additions to any bowl. This salad recipe is no different. The best part about this salad is that it compliments any menu, making it great for pitch-ins. Try out the recipe below!
Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad with Apples and Walnuts
- 1.5 lbs brussels sprouts
- 1 large honey crisp apple diced
- ¾ c walnuts chopped
- ¾ c shaved parmesan cheese
- ½ c extra virgin olive oil
- 6 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 shallot minced (~2 ½ tbsp)
- 3 tbsp Nature Nate's Honey
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Trim stems off of brussels sprouts and shred with a food processor.
- In a large bowl, combine the shaved brussels sprouts, diced apple, walnuts, and parmesan cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, honey, minced shallots, salt and pepper.
- Toss the salad with the dressing and serve!
- This salad can be tossed ahead of time for parties, the brussels sprouts actually soften up some while sitting in the dressing. If making ahead of time, I recommend omitting walnuts and parmesan until just before serving.