I am totally a soup fan. Soup is my ultimate comfort food. I crave it winter, spring, summer, and fall. I love how versatile soup is and the fact that you can easily throw in what you have on hand or what vegetables need to be used up. This recipe is one of my favorites. Enjoy with crusty bread for the ultimate experience.
Sausage, Spinach, and White Bean Soup
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 package turkey kielbasa sausage thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium white onion diced
- 4 large carrots peeled and diced
- 3 celery stalks diced
- 2 16 oz cans great northern beans rinsed and drained
- 1 tbsp italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 8 cups chicken broth low sodium
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add sausage and cook until lightly browned.
- Place sausage, garlic, onion, celery, carrots, beans, italian seasoning, turmeric, pepper, and bay leaves into your crockpot. Stir in chicken broth.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 8 hours or high heat for 4 hours. When time is up, stir in spinach until wilted.
- Serve and enjoy! Be sure to remove bay leaves before serving.