Chicken wings are one of my favorite foods to enjoy with friends and family on the weekends. There is just something about some wings and good company. I almost always stick with my trusty buffalo sauce, but recently decided to try something new. The combination of flavors in this wing marinade is so dang tasty and a refreshing change of pace. Because these wings are baked and not fried, you’ll be happy to know they’re better for you too!
Honey Lime Chicken Wings
- 2 lbs chicken wings halved at joints, wingtips discarded
- ¼ cup green onions chopped
- 3 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tbsp Nature Nate's 100% Pure Honey
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- ½ tsp lime zest
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ¾ tsp ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Combine all ingredients except for the chicken wings into a blender and blend thoroughly.
- Place chicken wings into a large ziplock bag and pour marinade over. Marinade for 8-12 hrs.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 425F. Place wings on a lined and greased baking sheet. Discard marinade.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165F, flipping every 10 minutes. Serve warm.
- Serve with a green onion garnish and lime wedges for additional flavor