Overnight oats are a classic meal prep breakfast. If you find yourself skipping breakfast because you don’t time to make it, try making a batch of overnight oats at the beginning of the week. Taking the time to make five jars of these will set you up for a successful week, and take the stress out of busy mornings. Overnight oats are great because they can be eaten on the go straight out of the jar, or in a bowl with additional toppings.
This recipe can easily be tailored to meet your personal preferences and to keep things interesting. Substitute blueberries for other fruit. Frozen fruit can also be utilized. Other suggestions would be to change up the milk and yogurt for different flavors, and to add protein powder for extra protein. Be sure to let me know if you try out the recipe below!
Honey Blueberry Overnight Oats
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup plain greek yogurt
- ½ cup milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- ½ tbsp Nature Nate's 100% Pure Honey
- Combine all ingredients into a jar and shake or stir to combine.
- Place in fridge overnight or for at least 8 hours.
- Stir to combine. Enjoy right out of the jar, or in a bowl with your favorite toppings.
- Recommended toppings: bananas, berries, nuts, seeds, nut butter, cinnamon, and more honey