With all the snow we have gotten recently, I have been craving hot chocolate on the daily. I experimented with a few concoctions and really love this recipe. By using chocolate collagen, this hot chocolate is rich in protein. The addition of protein helps to keep you full and won’t result in a crashing blood sugar an hour later, like most traditional hot chocolates.
One of my favorite brands for collagen is, Further Food. Further Food is a women-owned company that focuses on high quality, third-party tested products. Further Food has given me a discount code to share with you all! Promo code SEASALTANDKALE will get you 15% off your next purchase.
If you would like this hot chocolate recipe to be lower in sugar, I recommend omitting the maple syrup. I actually enjoy this beverage without the extra sweetness on occasion. As always, be sure to comment below and let me know if you try out the recipe. Enjoy!
High Protein Hot Chocolate
- 1 cup milk I used Fairlife Milk
- 1 scoop chocolate collagen
- 1 tbsp 100% cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup optional
- marshmallows optional
- Heat milk over stove or in microwave.
- Combine all ingredients and stir or blend well with frother.
- Top with marshmallows and enjoy!
- Please note that the protein content of this hot chocolate will depend on your milk of choice. I recommend using Fairlife milk, regular dairy milk, or soy milk for the highest protein content.