Chia pudding is one of the easiest ways to add chia seeds into your diet. Chia seeds are an excellent source of fiber, protein, omega-3 fatty acids, iron, calcium, phosphorus and antioxidants. Despite their small size, chia seeds are quite powerful.
Chia seeds have very little flavor, making them extremely versatile. You can sprinkle chia seeds on yogurt, oatmeal, smoothies, or even salads! When mixed with liquids, chia seeds expand and form a gel-like substance. This is why they create the perfect pudding! Try out my recipe below for a simple chia pudding.
For the chocolate flavor, I use Further Food‘s chocolate collagen. Further Food is a women-owned company that focuses on high quality, third-party tested products. Further Food has given me a discount code to share with you all! Promo code SEASALTANDKALE will get you 15% off your next purchase.
Chocolate Chia Pudding
- ½ cup milk
- 1 scoop chocolate collagen
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- Combine all ingredients in a container and shake well. You could also use a frother or blender to incorporate.
- Store in refrigerator overnight.
- Stir pudding once more and serve with your favorite toppings. I recommend strawberries, cool whip, and cinnamon.
- You can substitute collagen for regular protein powder (2 tbsp). However, I recommend using a blender to incorporate well as regular protein powder tends to separate overnight, making the pudding less cohesive.