Anything buffalo chicken is my jam. I was originally going to make these plant-based with chickpeas, but decided to stick with chicken instead. These pitas turned out so delicious and were husband approved. I just had to share. This recipe comes together easily. There is nothing like the simplicity of a crockpot chicken meal!
I used Primal Kitchen Buffalo Sauce for the chicken. Primal Kitchen Buffalo Sauce is made with with simple, high-quality ingredients like avocado oil, cayenne sauce and organic garlic powder. It is made without gums and cashew butter vs dairy so everyone can enjoy. It also tastes incredible. If you have never tried Primal Kitchen products before, use my code SEASALTANDKALE to receive 10% off your order online!
Buffalo Chicken Pitas
Perfectly spicy buffalo chicken pitas that come together so easily. Enjoy as pictured or with whatever toppings your heart desires.
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 cup Primal Kitchen Buffalo Sauce
- 4-5 whole wheat pita pits
- spring mix or romaine lettuce
- jalapenos sliced
- red onion sliced thinly
- ranch dressing
- In a crockpot, combine chicken breasts and buffalo sauce. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours.
- Shred chicken when done cooking.
- Arrange pitas with salad greens, shredded chicken, jalapenos, cilantro, ranch, or whatever toppings you desire.
- Fold in half like a taco and enjoy!
Serving: 1pitaCalories: 440kcalCarbohydrates: 39.2gProtein: 32.3gFat: 18.5gSaturated Fat: 2.3gCholesterol: 73mgSodium: 1878mgPotassium: 528mgFiber: 4.7gSugar: 0.5gCalcium: 15mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!