Buffalo chicken dip has to be my all-time favorite dip. I pretty much have it at any and every gathering! It is so good and can easily be altered depending on cheese and spice preference. Over the years, I have found the recipe below to be the perfect happy medium for a crowd. I prefer the low-fat ingredients to help control the total calorie and fat content of the dip.
I like to throw this dip together in a mini crockpot, because it requires less dirty dishes and comes together so quickly. I also like how the crockpot can keep it perfectly warm for the entirety of an event. If you do not own a mini crockpot, no worries!! This can easily be baked in a small baking dish. I just recommend serving and keeping the dip warm, as best as you can.
Follow the recipe below for your next football Sunday, holiday party, summer cookout, etc. Be sure to let me know if you try it out!
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1 8 oz package of 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 2 12.5 oz cans of white chunk chicken breast drained
- ½ cup Frank's RedHot Buffalo Sauce
- ½ cup light ranch dressing
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
Mini Crockpot Method
- Combine all ingredients into a small crockpot and set to high heat, stirring occasionally. Serve when heated through.
- Be sure to turn down heat to "warm" setting while serving.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray an 8×8 pan with oil. Combine and stir all ingredients into a bowl and then transfer to baking dish. Can add additional cheese on top for presentation.
- Bake for ~20 minutes. Serve warm.
- Serve with fresh veggies (sliced bell peppers, carrots, and celery) for an easy way to sneak in vegetables. Don’t forget to have some tortilla chips, as well, for an all around crowd-pleaser!
- You could easily swap cheddar cheese for blue cheese, if you prefer.
- If you would like this dip to be more spicy, swap the buffalo sauce for Frank’s RedHot Original Hot Sauce. We have done this many times and love it. I just try to keep it a little more mild when serving a large crowd.